Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 9.0.0 Released

In the 8.8 stable series, we compiled external dependencies and included them in the condor-externals package.

In the 9.0 series, we have switched to using externals provided by the OS (or EPEL) repository. This is the way the HTCondor is packaged, if you get HTCondor from Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, and OSG. There was extra maintenance for use compiling these external packages and sometimes it lead to incompatibilities with the OS versions.

The only reason that we still have an empty condor-externals package, is to help the yum dependency solver find the proper blahp package.

These dependencies are included so that you get essentially the same set of capabilities as the original 8.8 condor-externals package. So, yes, blahp was always packaged with HTCondor in the past, it just wasn't very noticeable.

...Tim