[HTCondor-users] Is a JobStatus==5 check required in a periodic_release expression?

Thanks, Jason, for the link to that tutorial!

A question cropped up from slide 103, which perhaps Kristina can answer - is it necessary to check to confirm if the JobStatus as held in the periodic_release expression? I don't usually do it, since I figure the fact that PeriodicRelease is true doesn't matter unless the job is already held since the "should I periodic release" question is moot if the job isn't held,  but I have a peculiar unexplained situation from a couple of weeks ago that's got me wondering.

Michael V Pelletier
Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies
Digital Technology