Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.8.13 Released

On Thu, 2021-03-25 at 12:41:10 +0100, Oliver Freyermuth wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
> Especially for Debian / Ubuntu, I appreciate the new structure, but I was also caught without learning about it before,
> so I also missed it.
>
> You can find a summary of the repo URLs I found out here:
>  https://github.com/HEP-Puppet/htcondor/pull/123

It took me a while to see the difference.

What I see now there is a unified repository pool for all Debian distros
(and possibly for other architectures).
What I also see is that Stretch packages seem to be the ones with plain
numeric build nubers, and Buster ones with a +b1 suffix?
Not very intuitive... but at least, an in-place dist-upgrade would now do
the right thing.

> We used this configuration to upgrade all our machines to 8.8.13 now and are running the first nodes on the new version happily :-).

I've got to build arm64 versions first to stay in sync.

Going to update my source-package fetch scripts...

thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)