Re: [condor-users] Network in Linux-Cluster and MPI

----- Original Message -----
From: <marks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>We eventually gave up as  we did
> not have this "special version of Condor".
> IN any case, how do you get this version of Condor?
sorry,
I dont have the "special version of Condor" and I dont need it.
Note:
My central manager ist on the head node (gateway) between private and public
net (listening on public).
I use simple static route tables ( no ipforwarding, maskerading or anything
else)

[root@condor root]# condor_status -v a24
Name = "a24.exp.univie.ac.at"
CondorVersion = "$CondorVersion: 6.4.5 Nov 12 2002 $"
CondorPlatform = "$CondorPlatform: INTEL-WINNT40 $"
StartdIpAddr = "<192.168.3.24:1026>"
ClientMachine = "condor.exp.univie.ac.at"

[root@condor root]# condor_status -v condor
Name = "condor.exp.univie.ac.at"
CondorVersion = "$CondorVersion: 6.5.5 Sep 17 2003 $"
CondorPlatform = "$CondorPlatform: INTEL-LINUX-GLIBC22 $"
StartdIpAddr = "<131.130.25.226:47623>"

Good Luck,
Walter

P.S.:
>  By the way, flocking would not work
> either, since schedd and startd should talk somehow, and once they are on
> different sides, they won't be able to.
I don't have any experience with  flocking.
Normally packets from private networks would NOT to be routed through the
internet.
But with NAT/SNAT  ( 1.1.5 in the paper) this should be possible, I think.

Walter Penits
IT-Management Computational Physics Group
Informatik Lehre
Institute for Experimental Physics
University of Vienna , Austria
Walter.Penits@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"to many chieftains, not enough indians"

Condor Support Information: