[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [condor-users] dedicated resources vs. testing mode
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:27:26 -0600
- From: Dan Bradley <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [condor-users] dedicated resources vs. testing mode
Hahn Kim wrote:
The only real differences I can see between these two settings are:
1) The testing mode settings allow any job to be launched on that
machine and will run that job to completion
2) The dedicated resource settings identify which machines are
configured to be dedicated resources and will only launch jobs that
request dedicated resources onto those machines.
If I want all machines in my entire cluster to be set up as dedicated
resources, is one better than the other?
When you say you want everything to be set up as "dedicated resources",
do you mean just machines that do not preempt jobs, or do you mean
machines that run MPI jobs? That's the main difference between the two
cases you are comparing.
The "testingmode" example will run any jobs submitted from any schedd in
your pool. The dedicated resources example will only run MPI jobs
submitted by the designated schedd.
Condor Support Information:
To Unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with
unsubscribe condor-users <your_email_address>