Re: [condor-users] Condor installation

Hi,

    In the past we were trying to run linux based compute nodes
simultaneously with windows based compute nodes such that jobs would load
balance across all of them. We are using a Windows based central manager.
Interesting situations arise as in the Windows setup the file transfer
mechanism is used and in the linux setup a shared filesystem is used. Is
this now possible or can someone direct me to a link or documentation that
can help with this configuration recipe? Can someone help identify issues
with this?

    To clarify, we want to submit a job from Windows Server (the submitter
and central manager are the same machine, as it is also the central
webserver for a web submission system), but we want the job to be
distributed to a heterogenous set of compute nodes which currently are
Windows and Linux.

    Thanks very much for your valuable time,

Ron

Condor Support Information: