Re: [condor-users] user group in RANK

The following might be temporary workaround:
You've got 4 priority classes, so you can call each one as P1, P2, P3,
P4 accordingly. Now you should make all machines prefer jobs of one
group over others. Here you should change the 'RANK' expression of each
machine to RANK=TARGET.P1*1000+TARGET.P2*100+TARGET.P3*10+TARGET.P4

The only thing left is that now each job should have in its classad the
marker of the group: P1=1 if it's submitted by somebody in the group P1,
or P2=1 if from P2 and etc.
If your users each one has its own submission point, i.e. each one
submits from it's own _computer_ ( with it's own condor_config), and
never submits from others, you can add SUBMIT_EXPRS= (P1=1) in the
config file of the appropriate user, and the job classad will be
automatically augmented with this value.
However the management of such setup might be a nightmare if you don't
have shared file system.

I would suggest another solution:
Write all your groups in one file P1=(userA,userB...), P2=... etc.
Write perl script, MYcondor_submit, which would parse that group file,
searching for the group the current ( submitting ) user belongs to,
picking the right group and updating the submit file accordingly, that
is: +P1=1 and finally call condor_submit with the new file. No need to
say that users should use MYcondor_config

You can distribute that group config file in the way you like, and it
seems that if you trust your users, it might be not bad solution. Of
course, it's easy to cheat, but then you can do more interesting stuff
in that MYcondor_submit.
Just a thought...

By the way, just to make sure you are aware of the fact that Negotiator
will enforce fare share policy  between the users in the same priority
class.