Re: [condor-users] problem with Java execution

> It is. It points to:
> JAVA = c:\winnt\system32\java.exe
Check that ALL have at least "read" permissions to this directory and
this file. startd invokes java as a temporary user, and the fact that
you can invoke it doesn't mean that startd can.
In addition, I would not use Microsoft java, whatsoever.

> Hmm, that wouldn't help though.
> Situation is, that I have transformation devices (like translets) packed in
> jars, which always contain class of fixed name, which carries out the
> execution (let's call it Transform for example). In my script I need to call
> different translets, so I'd need them all on classpath. It that case though,
> Transform class from one jar would override Transform class from the other.
OK, I see. Bad for you ;( You can try a little bit more complicated
setup, but it would require some "java" work, but it would work. You can
try writing your class loader, which loads classes not from the
classpath. Take a look:
http://javaalmanac.com/egs/java.lang/LoadClass.html
I'm sure there're more ways to do that

By the way, I think you're wondering why you should do all this instead
of simple execution of java with batch script you tried first. You can
read  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/doc/error-scope.pdf
to get the answer. I wanted to write it here myself, but ended up with
long citation, so you'd better read the original.

Mark