Re: [condor-users] a question about java jobs over Condor_G

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Yuhong Feng wrote:

> Dear Condor-users,
>
> would you please give me so suggestion about running
> java jobs over Condor_G?
>
> 1> about the script file
> "Executable = print.class
> globusscheduler = surya/jobmanager-condor
> Universe = globus
> Arguments = print $(input)
> input = print.in
> output = print.java.out
> error = print.java.error
> Log = print.java.log
>
> Queue"
>
> would you please tell me any errors in this script?
> it seems it keep my machine busy while get no
> result(here is the status):
> > condor_q
> -- Submitter: surya.ntu.edu.sg :
> <155.69.144.160:57316> : surya.ntu.edu.sg
>  ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST
> PRI SIZE CMD
>  136.0   yuhongf         3/19 22:39   0+00:08:37 R  0
>  0.0  print.class print
>  137.0   yuhongf         3/19 22:39   0+00:00:12 I  0
>  0.0  data print print.i
>
> 2> As stated in the Tutorial document:
> "
> Class file as “job”
> Requires “pre-installed” JVM, class libraries and/or
> job “package” (code + files)"
> If this is the case, when I submit the job, I must
> ensure that the destination host must have the needed
> java classes? However, the executable is transferrable
> by condor? if so, why "classes files as "job"
> requires "pre-installed" job package"?
>
> Your kind suggestion and valued time are highly
> appreciated.

When you use Condor-G to submit a job via Globus, Globus assumes it's a
regular executable. When Globus submits the job to the remote Condor pool,
it submits it as a vanilla universe job. Globus doesn't do any special
handling for java jobs. If you have a recent version of Globus installed
on surya, you can set attributes in the submit file that Globus uses to
submit the job to Condor. For example, you can make the remote job be
submitted as a java universe job by adding the following to your Condor-G
submit file:

GlobusRSL = (condor_submit=(Universe java))