[condor-users] Restrict access to certain user/RemoteUser expression query

Hi

I have 6 machines I want to restrict to just 2 of my users to run their Java jobs.

To do this Condor FAQ 7.2 specifies using:

Requirements = (RemoteUser == “userfoo@xxxxxxx”)

In the config of the machines in question.

I've added the following line in the condor.config.local file to machine

tokay@xxxxxxxxxx

Requirements = (RemoteUser == "charaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" ||RemoteUser == paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Then applied condor_reconfig.

viognier.ucl.ac.uk is the submit host, charaka and paul are the users on this submit host that I want to allow to use this machine.

From Viognier:

$ condor_config_val -name tokay@xxxxxxxxx Requirements

returns the correct _expression_.

Yet, user vinay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx still has his jobs matched to tokay.ucl.ac.uk and run there.

Why is this and is there something I’m missing?

The pool is v6.4.7, Linux master/submit node and windows execute-only nodes.

Cheers,

Paul.