Re: [condor-users] Restrict access to certain user/RemoteUser expression query

Paul,

Here's my best guess. Similar to how RANK expression is defined in terms of Owner, I think you should use Owner instead of RemoteUser in your Requirements expression. RemoteUser, according to the manual, is the name of the user whose job is currently occupying the machine, whereas Owner is the user whose job is being matched. So, if I am correct, then your current setup allows starting of a job of any user provided the machine is *at the moment* occupied by 'charaka' or 'paul'.

Regards,
Alexander

Paul Wilson wrote:
Alexander.

The exact expression is: (as reported via condor_config_val from the master node)

[root@viognier home]# condor_config_val -name tokay.ucl.ac.uk Requirements

(RemoteUser == "charaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" || RemoteUser == "paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

…So the brackets are there.

BTW, tokay.ucl.ac.uk is a dual processor machine, so I see vm1 and vm2 in condor_status.

Paul