RE: [condor-users] Restrict access to certain user/RemoteUser expression query

Here is the proper negotiatorlog.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alexander Klyubin
Sent: 29 March 2004 13:21
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] Restrict access to certain user/RemoteUser
expression query

Paul,

Here's my best guess. Similar to how RANK expression is defined in terms

of Owner, I think you should use Owner instead of RemoteUser in your
Requirements expression. RemoteUser, according to the manual, is the
name of the user whose job is currently occupying the machine, whereas
Owner is the user whose job is being matched. So, if I am correct, then
your current setup allows starting of a job of any user provided the
machine is *at the moment* occupied by 'charaka' or 'paul'.

Regards,
Alexander

Paul Wilson wrote:
> Alexander.
>

> The exact expression is: (as reported via condor_config_val from the
> master node)
>

> [root@viognier home]# condor_config_val -name tokay.ucl.ac.uk
Requirements

paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx