Re: [condor-users] How to specify environment variables in Condor_G

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Yuhong Feng wrote:

> When I submit the following submit description file:
>
> executable = print.class
> globusscheduler = surya/jobmanager-condor
> Universe = globus
> GlobusRSL = (condor_submit=(Universe java))
> arguments = print $(input)
> input = print.in
> output = non-stagedJava.$(cluster).$(process).out
> error = non-stagedJava.$(cluster).$(process).error
> log = non-stagedJava.$(cluster).$(process).log
> transfer_files = ALWAYS
> should_transfer_files = YES
> when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
> copy_to_spool = False
> queue 1
>
> I got the following error:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: print
>         at
> java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
>         at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
>         at
> java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>         at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>         at
> sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:272)
>         at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>         at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>         at
> CondorJavaWrapper.main(CondorJavaWrapper.java:101)
>
> would you please let me know how to solve it? your
> kind help and patience are highly appreciated.

I suspect the problem is that when the "executable" (your class file in
this case) is staged as part of a Globus GRAM job, it ends up being
renamed to "data".

You can try staging print.class as an input file instead of as the
executable (they are treated differently by Globus) by adding the
following to your submit file:

transfer_executable=false
transfer_input_files=print.class