Re: [condor-users] Flocking problems

James Wilgenbusch wrote:

I have a two condor pools and would like to allow each pool equal access to the other's resources. One pool consists of a 16 machines in the 192.168.0 name space (let's call this pool A). The 16 machines are attached to a central manager that is open to the world. All the nodes in the other pool (say pool B) are visible to the world. I've configured both pools to using the FLOCK_TO/FLOCK_FROM config flags but still I'm having some problems.

A solution for this scenario (flocking into private networks) is currently in development. Until it is released, there is essentially no way to flock into a pool with nodes that are inaccessible to the submitter.

One solution is to set up a Globus gatekeeper on a public node that has access to the private pool and submit jobs directly to the gatekeeper via Condor-G.

Dan Bradley