Re: [condor-users] Condor on NetBSD anyone ?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:18:40AM -0500, Derek Wright wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:17:15 +0800 (CST)  =?big5?q?Andrew=20Wang?= wrote:
>
> > Currently, *BSD are not supported, and I believe they
> > will be "clipped" since they are not too popular.
>
> the linux binaries will probably work on many of the *BSD platforms
> that have linux compatibility functionality.  condor_compile probably
> won't work, so you won't get checkpointing and remote system calls,
> but everything else might work just fine.  no, we don't maintain our
> own *BSD boxes (yet) and test it ourselves, which is why we don't
> officially claim to support these platforms, but we've heard of some
> anecdotal evidence that things Just Work(tm).  we are planning to
> start maintaining some *BSD test machines and to more officially
> support those platforms, especially since we're supporting OSX now,
> and that's pretty much pure-BSD from Condor's perspective.

The tools (condor_status, etc) work, but the daemons (condor_master,
condor_startd, etc) do not work - at least under FreeBSD. I don't
know how it would work under NetBSD or OpenBSD.

We'd sort of prefer to pick one (at this point, probably Free) and
support that, instead of trying to support all 3.

-Erik
Condor Support Information: