RE: [condor-users] 2000/XP 6.6.5 does not install

It seems there are a few problems with the installer for v6.6.5 for 2000/XP.

I was upgrading from 6.5 and as noted in previous posts that the installer
did not pick up some of the previous settings listed in the existing
condor_config. I got a series of errors like
couldn't find [CONDOR_HOST] in [condor_config]
couldn't find [CONDOR_ADMIN] in [condor_config]
...and so on.

also what was troubling was that in the dialog box with all the final checks
before install, the central administrator was pointing to a really old
central host I used. It wasn't in any of my condor_config files. After
trawling through the registry I found the only entry of my old central
host.... the installer was using a registry entry and it had not been
updated from the last 3 or so upgrades I had done... this is probably a bug
in the windows installer.

I uninstalled the previous version of condor and started from scratch.

After the install, I got error messages when running condor_q. I checked the
task list (shift-control-escape) the condor_shedd was not running...
checking the MasterLog file it was trying to find it in C:\Condor/sbin ....
however there isn't a \sbin on the windows install! I went through the
condor_config file and changed the line

SBIN		= $(RELEASE_DIR)/sbin

SBIN		= $(RELEASE_DIR)/bin

rebooted and it all seems to work.
-> The windows install of the condor_config file needs to be changed.

(my condor pool has been behaving really badly since v6.4.7 and have never
figured out why).

Carl