Re: [condor-users] Speeding up condor_submit (was Speeding up DAGman submits)

Ah, I just learned something more about this.

When you do "condor_submit_dag", it triggers a negotiation cycle even though it is a scheduler universe job. The next job won't trigger a negotiation cycle for 20 seconds, because the negotiator tries not to run too frequently. Given the 5 second gap between checks of the log, and I think we have the complete answer.

Probably Condor shouldn't trigger a negotiation cycle for a scheduler universe job. We'll talk about this internally.

-alain

Condor Support Information: