Re: [condor-users] collector doesn't start

I added it to the daemon list, and it lessened the severity of the problem.
All the daemons seem to be running, but I'm still getting complaints in the
logs about not able to communicate on that port (look for "Can't connect
to").  Even though I can telnet
into the port and verify there is a listener there.  condor_status now
reports back info (rather than hanging), although its claiming two vm's and
I'm not sure if that is right (see below).  I attempt to submit jobs via
condor_run and it hangs indefinitely without running the job (tested with
/bin/sleep and ls).

[107] dna> condor_status

Name          OpSys       Arch   State      Activity   LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime

vm1@xxxxxxxxx SOLARIS28   SUN4u  Unclaimed  Idle       0.040   704
0+00:20:04
vm2@xxxxxxxxx SOLARIS28   SUN4u  Unclaimed  Idle       0.000   704
0+00:40:05

                     Machines Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting

     SUN4u/SOLARIS28        2     0       0         2       0          0

               Total        2     0       0         2       0          0