New HPC System Downtime and Old HPC System Access Removed - Wed, March 15th

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 15:22:36 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New HPC System Downtime and Old HPC System Access Removed - Wed, March 15th

Dear CHTC Users,

As a reminder for our HPC users, this Wednesday, March 15th:

  • Users will no longer be able to login to our old HPC system, accessed through `hpclogin1/2.chtc.wisc.edu`. Any software, data, or other files remaining on the old system will be permanently deleted.
  • The new HPC system (accessed through `hpclogin3.chtc.wisc.edu`) will undergo maintenance Wednesday afternoon. This means users will be unable to login or submit jobs during this period. To prevent jobs from being interrupted, jobs that are not expected to complete prior to Wednesday afternoon’s maintenance will not be allowed to start until after this downtime; any such jobs will not start with the message “ReqNodeNotAvail, Reserved for Maintenance”. We expect maintenance to be completed that same afternoon and will notify users if the downtime needs to be extended into Thursday.

Contact us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with any questions.

Best,

The CHTC Facilitation Team

--

Rachel Lombardi

Research Computing Facilitator

OSG and PATh Facility

Center for High Throughput Computing | University of Wisconsin - Madison