OSG School 2024: Learn to harness large-scale computing for research

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:34:22 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OSG School 2024: Learn to harness large-scale computing for research

Greetings CHTC users,

Every summer, the CHTC contributes to the OSG School, a weeklong training event in high throughput computing (HTC) and how to use distributed computing systems like OSG's Open Science Pool.

Applications are open for this year's (in-person) school. The material we cover goes into more detail than CHTC's online guides and typical support, making this a great opportunity to deepen your understanding of HTC methods. If your work would benefit from learning more about running HTC workloads, we strongly encourage you to apply. The school is open to anyone doing research in the United States, so please share with your colleagues and collaborators if you think it would benefit them.

See the full official announcement, as well as application details below. Applications close April 1 and you need a letter of recommendation, so don’t wait if you’re planning to apply!

Best,

The CHTC facilitation team

***

ANNOUNCING THE OSG SCHOOL 2024!

https://osg-htc.org/school-2024/

Is limited computing capacity holding back your science?  How could access

to more capacity transform your research or that of others?  Do you need

help managing your research computing workloads with automation?  If you

work with research workloads that can be broken into many independent,

parallel computing tasks, we can help:

https://osg-htc.org/services/open_science_pool.html

We are seeking applicants for the OSG School 2024, to be held August 5-9,

at the beautiful University of Wisconsin in Madison.  Apply by April 1!

Also consider our annual conference, Throughput Computing 2024:

https://osg-htc.org/events/throughput-computing-2024/

The OSG School uses lectures, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, personal

consulting with OSG experts, and even roleplaying to teach you how to use

high-throughput computing (HTC) effectively and get a research workload up

and running.  Past participants have come from physics, chemistry, life

sciences, engineering, earth sciences, agricultural and animal sciences,

economics, social sciences, medicine, and more.

Ideal candidates are:

* Researchers (especially graduate students and post-docs) in any research

area for which large-scale computing is a key part of the research process;

* People (especially students and staff) who support researchers who are

current or potential users of high-throughput computing;

* Instructors (at the post-secondary level) who teach future researchers

and are ready to integrate high-throughput computing into their curriculum.

We pay all basic travel, hotel, and food costs for applicants who are

selected to attend.  This is a valuable offer!

This is an in-person event, and we will strive to provide a healthy

environment for all.

IMPORTANT DATES

* Application Period (OPEN NOW): 3 March - 1 April 2024

* OSG School: 5-9 August 2024

MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS

* Web: https://osg-htc.org/school-2024/

* Email: school@xxxxxxxxxxx

* Twitter: twitter.com/osgschool

--

Christina Koch (she/her)

Lead Research Computing Facilitator

Center for High Throughput Computing (University of Wisconsin – Madison); OSG and PATh services

Email: ckoch5@xxxxxxxx // Calendar: https://go.wisc.edu/clk-calendar