Re: [classad-users] Who is using ClassAd's on its own?

Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:18:17 -0400
From: Mike Smorul <toaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [classad-users] Who is using ClassAd's on its own?

We're using ClassAds to allocate disk resources to clients for an archival ingestion system called PAWN (Producer-Archive Workflow Network). We originally looked at using traditional load-balancing techniques to spread client load across target disk pools, but quickly realized that a scheduled approach would work much better.

Currently we're just matching based on disk size, but in the future may expand it to match based on administrative policy as well.

A skeleton of documentation is available at:
http://narawiki.umiacs.umd.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/PawnScheduling

-Mike Smorul

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
If you're using ClassAd's separate from Condor, could you email me a URL to your project/work? I'm trying to build up a picture of who's using ClassAds (on its own) and why. A project I'm involved in has been using it for 3 years as the job language for its grid system, hence my interest.

If any of the ClassAds team have a list of such users/projects, I'd love to see it.

Cheers,

Ian.

Condor Classads Info:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/classad/