Re: [Gems-users] DataBlk in CacheMsg?

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:30:44 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] DataBlk in CacheMsg?
Ruby does not keep data in its caches.
The presence of data is accounted for in various messages (eg message sizes), though no actual data is "sent". Ruby relies on Simics to provide data.

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Hemayet Hossain wrote:
Hi Everybody,
I have a dumb question. I would really appreciate if someone can clear the thing. I am assuming data are maintained in Cache.

Let us consider a Store comes from a processor but that for that L1 miss occurs. So L1 controller will issue a GETX and after getting the GETX response from L2 controller (i.e Data), L1 controller needs to update the specific bytes (for which Store was happened). But I am not clear about how the data from processor is coming to L1 controller. Is it through CacheMsg that was originally sent through Mandatory Queue? or any other way? Can you plz explain?

Thanks.