Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:40:47 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)
> /home/nikolas/gems is a link to /media/gems
> so this shouldn't affect anything. I am beginning to think that since Ubuntu
> does a minimal installation by default, I am missing a library or something
> similar. Unfortunately the error message isn't helping.

No, I doubt that.  The symbol it is having problems linking with is
defined in $GEMS/common/util

The issue here is that Ruby/Opal Makefiles will build the object files.
Then to build a Simics module, we use the Virtutech Makefile which may be
using a different compiler.  The compilers do not seem to agree on the
names of mangled symbols.

This problem comes up frequently on the list.  We currently do not have a
clear, bullet-proof solution.

--Mike