Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:11:43 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] (no subject)
Well, at least its working now. I suppose the next time we see this issue we'll suggest a re-install right away.

Regards,
Dan

nikolaos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Philip,

that is exactly what I finally did yesterday. I installed everything from
scratch and it is working now.

Thanks a lot and sorry for all those mails yesterday :)

Regards,
Nikolas

Quoting Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>:

I've had similar problems in the past, especially when moving around
files.  The best solution I found was to reinstall gems and ruby from
scratch.  It's annoying, but often easier than trying to figure out
why things no longer compile.   A couple weeks ago I had a similar
error with ruby and opal not compiling, I reinstalled gems multiple
times, reran the ./configure script in simics etc, and still got the
same errors.   However with a reinstall of simics and reconfiguring
the new install things worked fine.   I'd recommend keeping a backup
of the old simics, as you likely will want to copy over old home
directories you had in there if you have disk dumps or checkpoints
saved in that directory.   I will also say that I currently have
everything running fine on a 32-bit ubuntu dapper system.   Not sure
if it'll offer any help, but I have installed gcc-3.4 and g++-3.4 and
have those linked in the makefiles and the simics configure.

One last thing to check is since moving to the new platform, did you
reinstall the libraries in the simics directories as the gems wiki says?

Phil