Re: [Gems-users] ruby results

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:23:06 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] ruby results
Did you change the SIMICS_VERSION settings in Makefile.simics_version and did you change the GEMS_ROOT setting in the two module makefiles? After changing, you must perform a full recompile.

Dave Z. wrote:
I'm using the -stall option when I'm starting Simics.
But the results are all zero. In my benchmarks, I'm
using processor_bind to bind a thread to a processor.
For example, the layout of my benchmarks are as
follows:

Thread0 (assigned to cpu0)
MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;

Thread1 (assigned to cpu1)
MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;

So, when Thread0 reaches the breakpoint, I load ruby
and when Thread1 reaches the breakpoint, I dump the
ruby stats. But the results I get are all zero. The
Simics ouput is as follows:

simics> c
[cpu0] v:0x0000000000011184 p:0x001fdefd184  magic
(sethi 0x40000, %g0)
Setting new inspection cpu: cpu0
simics> load-module ruby
successful installation of the ruby timing model.
simics> ruby0.init
Ruby Timing Mode
Warning: optimizations not enabled.
Creating event queue...
Creating event queue done
Creating system...
  Processors: 2
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete
simics> c
[cpu1] v:0x00000000000130c0 p:0x001d68130c0  magic
(sethi 0x40000, %g0)
Setting new inspection cpu: cpu1
simics> c

This used to work with GEMS 1.3 and Simics 2.2.19. Is
there any ideas why it doesn't work with Simics
3.0.22?

Thanks a lot!

--- Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Use the -stall option on the simics command line.

Dave Z. wrote:

Hi,
Is the following problem not a GEMS issue?

Thanks,

Dave