Re: [Gems-users] ruby results

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:19:02 -0800 (PST)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] ruby results
Operate memory function was called many times, but
observe memory function was not called at all.

--- Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Add a printf("foo\n") to ruby's simics/commands.C
in the operate memoryfunction and the observe memory
function and recompile. If Ruby isreceiving requests,
there should be a lot of foo's printed.

Dave Z. wrote:
simics> phys_mem.infoInformation about phys_mem [class
memory-space]===============================================
                 Snoop device : none
Timing model : ruby0Dave.--- Dan Gibson
<degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try the following after
ruby0.init:phys_mem0.infophys_mem.infoWhat does Simics
print?Dave Z. wrote:

Yes, the SIMICS_VERSION is set to 3.0 and theGEMS_ROOT
is "..", which is fine. After loading

Ruby,

Simics runs very fast as if Ruby is not working

(which

is true because the results are zero).Thanks,Dave---
Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you change the SIMICS_VERSION settings
inMakefile.simics_version and did you change the
GEMS_ROOT setting in the

two

module makefiles? After changing, you must perform a
full

recompile.

Dave Z. wrote:

I'm using the -stall option when I'm starting

Simics.

But the results are all zero. In my benchmarks,

I'm

using processor_bind to bind a thread to a

processor.

For example, the layout of my benchmarks are
asfollows:Thread0 (assigned to
cpu0)MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;...Thread1 (assigned to
cpu1)...MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;So, when Thread0 reaches the
breakpoint, I load

ruby

and when Thread1 reaches the breakpoint, I dump

the

ruby stats. But the results I get are all zero.

The

Simics ouput is as follows:simics> c[cpu0]
v:0x0000000000011184 p:0x001fdefd184

magic

(sethi 0x40000, %g0)Setting new inspection cpu:
cpu0simics> load-module rubysuccessful installation of
the ruby timing

model.

simics> ruby0.initRuby Timing ModeWarning:
optimizations not enabled.Creating event
queue...Creating event queue doneCreating system...
Processors: 2Creating system doneRuby initialization
completesimics> c[cpu1] v:0x00000000000130c0
p:0x001d68130c0

magic

(sethi 0x40000, %g0)Setting new inspection cpu:
cpu1simics> cThis used to work with GEMS 1.3 and
Simics

2.2.19.

Is

there any ideas why it doesn't work with
Simics3.0.22?Thanks a lot!--- Dan Gibson