Re: [Gems-users] ruby results

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:44:20 -0800 (PST)
From: "Dave Z." <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] ruby results
I'm sorry about that. I didn't think it would be the
problem. I checked the simics reference manual, and
v9_memory_transaction_t still uses priv:1 for
supervisor mode.

Regards,

Dave

[classmemory-space]===============================================
> [...]
> > results are zero).Thanks,Dave---Dan Gibson
> > <degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did
> > you change the SIMICS_VERSION
> > settingsinMakefile.simics_version and did you
> change
> > theGEMS_ROOT setting in the
> two
> >                    module makefiles? After
> changing,
> > you must perform afull
> recompile.
> >                      Dave Z. wrote:
>
> >           I'm using the -stall option when I'm
> > starting                               Simics.
>
> >                      But the results are all zero.
> In
> > my benchmarks,                               I'm
>
> >                        using processor_bind to
> bind a
> > thread to a
> processor.
> >                            For example, the layout
> of
> > my benchmarks areasfollows:Thread0 (assigned
> > tocpu0)MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;...Thread1 (assigned
> > tocpu1)...MAGIC_BREAKPOINT;So, when Thread0
> reaches
> > thebreakpoint, I load
>
> > ruby                              and when Thread1
> > reaches the breakpoint, I dump
>
> >       the                              ruby stats.
> But
> > the results I get are all zero.
>
> >        The                              Simics
> ouput
> > is as follows:simics> c[cpu0]v:0x0000000000011184
> > p:0x001fdefd184
> magic
> >                               (sethi 0x40000,
> > %g0)Setting new inspection cpu:cpu0simics>
> load-module
> > rubysuccessful installation ofthe ruby timing
>
> >                       model.
>
> >      simics> ruby0.initRuby Timing
> > ModeWarning:optimizations not enabled.Creating
> > eventqueue...Creating event queue doneCreating
> > system... Processors: 2Creating system doneRuby
> > initializationcompletesimics> c[cpu1]
> > v:0x00000000000130c0p:0x001d68130c0
>
> >              magic
> > (sethi 0x40000, %g0)Setting new inspection
> > cpu:cpu1simics> cThis used to work with GEMS 1.3
> > andSimics                                2.2.19.
>

> >   Is                              there any ideas
> why
> > it doesn't work withSimics3.0.22?Thanks a lot!---
> Dan
> > Gibson<degibson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >                  Use the -stall option on the
> simics
> > command
> > line.
> Dave
> > Z. wrote:
>
> >     Hi, Is the following problem not a
> > GEMSissue?Thanks,Dave----- Original Message
> ----From:
> > DaveZ. <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>To: gems
> > Users<gems-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday,
> November
> > 21,2006 11:57:21 AMSubject: [Gems-users]
> > rubyresultsHi,I've upgraded my Simics version to

thefollowing:instruction-fetch-modeinstruction-fetch-traceistc-disabledstc-disablecpu-switch-time1magic-break-enableload-module

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited