[Gems-users] Some questions about the inter-connect network

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:34:47 -0400
From: Lei Jin <jinlei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Some questions about the inter-connect network
Hi,

I am a little confused by the inter-connect networks implemented in GEMS. What does the "chip" stand for? Is it a CMP? Or just a core within the CMP?

I guess the organization here is in a computer system, we can have multiple CMP "chips", then within each chip, we have multiple cores. Is it right?

If it is correct, I don't understand why you use m_nodes/MachineType_base_level(MachineType_NUM) to get the numberOfTorusSwitches. And you say it is number of inter-chip switches. How do you connect the components with chip?

Hopefully, these questions are clear. Thanks!

Lei