Re: [Gems-users] Some questions about the inter-connect network

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:02:20 -0400
From: Lei Jin <jinlei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Some questions about the inter-connect network
Is there any document that specifies the file format to design the topology?

Lei

Mike Marty wrote:
Based on my understanding of your explanation of "chip", if I want to
make a CMP with a single shared L2, then I should just make one chip? Is
this right?

Yes

In the 2DTorus topology, the makeSwitchesPerChip() just connects all the
MessageBuffers to the same switch for that chip. Then you connect the
switches. I feel the 2D Torus topology is really among chips. But from
your explanation, the topology is implemented among processors. Can you
explain this a little bit? Especially how do you calculate the number of
switches by following line:

Hmm...you may be correct.  Nowadays I specify all my topologies using a
file.