Re: [Gems-users] Adding Components to Ruby

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dave <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Adding Components to Ruby
Is this not doable in GEMS?

Thank you.

Dave <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding Ruby's extensibility. I would like to add a few hardware components to the memory hierarchy, but I am not sure what files to modify. The files under ruby/system seem to be a good starting point. Then, I can add a few coherence states using SLICC. As I understand ruby/system/sequencer handles requests between the driver and L1 controller. What does the driver refer to? How about requests between L1 controller and L2 controller? What if I add a hardware component between L1 cache and L2 cache? What files should I modify? Are there any examples/demos that show several configurations? Or is there any documentation on how to add new components to the Ruby system?

Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

Thank you.

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta._______________________________________________