Re: [Gems-users] Adding Components to Ruby

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:14:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Adding Components to Ruby
> Is this not doable in GEMS?

The best way to add things to the memory system is to encapsulate your
component into a SLICC controller.

For example, MOESI_CMP_directory-L1cache.sm is an L1 controller.
MOESI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm is an L2 controller.  You can add
MOESI_CMP_directory-NEWGIZMO.sm to encapsulate your NEWGIZMO hardware
component into the system.

--Mike