Re: [Gems-users] A question in LogTM

Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:53:18 +0800
From: 郭锐 <timmyguo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] A question in LogTM
Thanks for confirming this bug.
My suggestion is that why not deal with R/W bit in
CacheMemory::tryCacheAccess()?
By disabling fast path, all transaction load/stores need extra cycles to
complete. It will be a big penalty and may kill much of the speedup of
LogTM.
In fact the same problem exists not only for LogTM. Any fast path store
fails to setup the 'Dirty' bit just as the R/W bit problem here.

Regards
G.R.