Re: [Gems-users] Change in ruby network code?

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:27:06 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Change in ruby network code?
Lide,

I'm not aware of any changes to the interconnect code between GEMS 1.3.1 and GEMS 1.4. What protocol are you using with TORUS2D?

--Mike

Lide Duan wrote:
Hello,

Currently I am using two checkpoints with GEMS, one has 8 processors, and the other has 16p. I compiled ruby with TORUS2D topology, and also modified the latencies. Everything works fine in GEMS1.3.1 for both checkpoints. However, when I run the 16p checkpoint in GEMS1.4 with TORUS2D, I got the following assertion fail (8p in GEMS1.4 runs good):

failed assertion 'dest <= m_number_of_switches+m_nodes+m_nodes' at fn void Topology::addLink(SwitchID, SwitchID, int, int, int) in network/simple/Topology.C:686 failed assertion 'dest <= m_number_of_switches+m_nodes+m_nodes' at fn void Topology::addLink(SwitchID, SwitchID, int, int, int) in network/simple/Topology.C:686

I checked the source code, GEMS1.3.1 also has these assertions, but it doesn't complain that. That's what confused me. Is there any change in the network code in the two versions? or what's the problem might be?

Thanks
Lide