Re: [Gems-users] Change in ruby network code?

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:18:36 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Change in ruby network code?

But I am still concerning the protocol as you mentioned. The protocol I am using now is MOESI_CMP_directory, and the 16p are placed on 16 chips (1 p on 1 chip). Actually I want to observe the network behavior of a 16p CMP, but in order to utilize the auto-generated TORUS2D interconnet, I placed each processor on a single chip, but reduced the latencies to make the 16p communicate like on a single chip. Is it resonable to do this? Is there any restriction on the protocol can be used if I do so?

This is reasonable, but I'm not sure where the directory/memory controllers are placed and plus the default TORUS2D code will create a memory controller for every processor.

An alternative approach uses FILE_SPECIFIED topology.

--Mike