Re: [Gems-users] Simulated machine execution time

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:27:36 +0200
From: Marco Solinas <marco.solinas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Simulated machine execution time
Ok Mike,
Thanks a lot!
Marco

Mike Marty ha scritto:
simulation time = Ruby_cycles * target_clock_period

target_clock_period can be whatever you want it to be to match your other parameters. Be aware that Simics will deliver RTC interrupts assuming a different clock period, but I don't believe this is a big deal.

--Mike

Marco Solinas wrote:
Hi list

I need to know how long my simulation is, but I found only the "elapsed_time" and "virtual_time" in the stats file.
The universal parameter is "Ruby_cycles", I need it in seconds.

How can I calculate the execution time of the simulated machine?
I think it has to be few seconds.

Regards
Marco

---------------------------------
Ing. Marco Solinas
PhD Student
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Università di Pisa
via Diotisalvi, 2
56122 Pisa (PI)
Italy
Tel.	+39 050 2217471
Fax.	+39 050 2217600
e-Mail.	marco.solinas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
People are divided in 10 categories: who knows binary code, and who not!
Caminante, no hay camino. Se hace camino el andar. (A. Machado)