Re: [Gems-users] Simulated machine execution time

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:04:45 +0200
From: pana <panasa1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Simulated machine execution time
Hi, I'm interested in this topic, too.

On 10/23/07, Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The clock rate is set in the Simics description of the processor.  The
default, if I recall correctly, is 75 MHz.  (Yes, that seems low -- it's
set that way so that the console will be reasonable responsive to
keyboard events, etc.)

Does it depend on the starting configuration I choose, like "peanut"?
and which is the file shows me the current configuration?

Really, elapsed time in seconds is fairly meaningless -- you can simply
change the clock frequency to get whatever result you want!

...gb

Marco Solinas wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I need to know how long my simulation is, but I found only the
> "elapsed_time" and "virtual_time" in the stats file.
> The universal parameter is "Ruby_cycles", I need it in seconds.
>
> How can I calculate the execution time of the simulated machine?
> I think it has to be few seconds.
>
> Regards
> Marco

thanks a lot