[Gems-users] Building Gems2.0 for x86_64

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:01:59 +0000
From: Konstantinos Nikas <knikas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Building Gems2.0 for x86_64
Hi all,

I am trying to use Gems on an x86_64 linux machine. I have downloaded the latest version of Gems from the website and tried to follow the wiki documentation. I went through all the steps of "setup for Simics 3.0" and I am stuck in the Quickstart section "compile Ruby". I am trying to build the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol and this is the error I am getting :

In file included from simics/SimicsHypervisor.h:71,
                from system/Sequencer.C:81:
log_tm/TransactionSimicsProcessor.h:73: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct v9_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' simics/interface.h:80: error: 'memory_transaction_t' has a previous declaration as `typedef struct x86_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' log_tm/TransactionSimicsProcessor.h:73: error: declaration of `typedef struct v9_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' simics/interface.h:80: error: conflicts with previous declaration `typedef struct x86_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' log_tm/TransactionSimicsProcessor.h:73: error: declaration of `typedef struct v9_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' simics/interface.h:80: error: conflicts with previous declaration `typedef struct x86_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' log_tm/TransactionSimicsProcessor.h:73: error: declaration of `typedef struct v9_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t' simics/interface.h:80: error: conflicts with previous declaration `typedef struct x86_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t'
make[1]: *** [amd64-linux/generated/MOSI_SMP_bcast/obj/Sequencer.o] Error 1

Any idea why this is happening? Why is it using the log_tm files? Is this the default option? Is there any way to build a system without TM?

Kind regards,

Kostis