Re: [Gems-users] Building Gems2.0 for x86_64

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:00:39 -0600
From: Jayaram Bobba <bobba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Building Gems2.0 for x86_64
You can safely delete the line causing the first error.
Reg. the second error, the correct fix would be to put the
if conditional in an #ifdef SPARC and add an #else clause for
x86.

650d649
<   int asi = mem_trans->address_space;
686a686
> #ifdef SPARC
691a692,694
> #else
>       type = CacheRequestType_ATOMIC;
> #endif

Jayaram

Konstantinos Nikas wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. It did work, so now it breaks at another point :-)

simics/SimicsProcessor.C: In member function `CacheRequestType SimicsProcessor::getRequestType(const memory_transaction_t*)': simics/SimicsProcessor.C:650: error: 'const struct x86_memory_transaction' has no member named 'address_space' simics/SimicsProcessor.C:687: error: `SIMICS_is_ldda' was not declared in this scope

I found that in simics/interface.h SIMICS_is_ldda is defined only for SPARC. I removed the #ifdef SPARC and the second error dissapears. Not sure if it is the right thing to do though.

I also can't find where the structure x86_memory_transaction is defined, so I can't solve the first error.

Kind regards,

Kostis

There's some missing #ifdefs around the memory_transaction_t typedefs. The correct code should look something like this in the .h files:

  #ifdef SIMICS30
#ifdef SPARC
typedef v9_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t;
#else
typedef x86_memory_transaction_t memory_transaction_t;
#endif
#endif

   Luke