[Gems-users] Gems Ruby simulation time and related statistics correctness

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:39:54 -0600
From: "Berkin Ozisikyilmaz" <boz283@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Gems Ruby simulation time and related statistics correctness
Hi,

I have been using ruby module of gems to simulate some parallel workloads. I
have a general question regarding how to use gems. I have been following the
instructions at the quick start guide. I have been loading ruby and then
opal, modify ruby's parameters, initialize ruby and run my simulations. Then
I realized that loading opal is optional. Therefore I omitted loading opal
(just load ruby, set parameters, initialize and run simulation). With both
ruby and opal loaded but only ruby initialized my simulation was taking
approximately 6 hours (for 8 iterations of the code). Now with only ruby
loaded and initialized a single iteration of the code doesn't finish in a
24hour period. I checked the output of my code to see the correctness of
execution (for the first method) and it is correct. However, I am not sure
if the statistics dump that I get from ruby is correct. Does anybody have
information regarding this?

Thanks
Berkin