Re: [Gems-users] Build error - module_id & stdarg.h

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:57:48 -0500
From: Dinagar Raghunathan <draghuna@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Build error - module_id & stdarg.h

Hi,

Yeah Fuad, I did post my queries in simics forum but generally there is always a quick response with solution or at least some hints been given by gems user group. And I am still waiting for their [simics] response over the query.

Actually, now I have a small issue in build. It would be a very simple build error for you guys but as I am not that good with unix I am facing tough time here.

On building Ruby & Opal I am getting below issue:

=== Building module "ruby" ===

gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stdarg.h', needed by `module_id.d'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [ruby] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dinagar/dbuild/gems-2.0/simics-2.2.19/x86-linux/lib'

make: *** [all] Error 2

=== Building module "opal" ===
gmake[2]: Circular /home/dinagar/dbuild/gems-2.0/simics/x86-linux/obj/include/simics/module_id.c <- /home/dinagar/dbuild/gems-2.0/simics/x86-linux/obj/include/simics/module_id.c dependency dropped.
gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stdarg.h', needed by `module_id.d'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [opal] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dinagar/dbuild/gems-2.0/simics-2.2.19/x86-linux/lib'
make: *** [module] Error 2

Well, the path “/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stdarg.h” is incorrect. In my current “usr” folder, the file is located only at `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stdarg.h’

I don’t know how the files are pointing to a wrong location. I thought probably change in the CC path in $GEMS/common/Makefile.common to a local GCC 3.4.4 version location might help. But still I am getting the same error.

Help needed!

Thanks a lot,

Dinagar