[Gems-users] Opal: Lack of forward progress detected

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:11:57 +0100
From: Francesco Panicucci <panasa1@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Opal: Lack of forward progress detected
Hi all,
I'm using Opal to simulate several protocols and architectures and now I need to test some custom protocols we developed, but the simulation always stops and Opal shows the error message "Lack of forward progress detected".
I have found a post talking about this issue here:
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/2005-June/msg00032.shtml

Yes, I changed some files in Ruby to customize the profiler, is it a problem? Can't Opal run if Ruby files have been modified?
The Ruby only simulation runs perfectly.

bye
francesco