Re: [Condor-users] adding extra classad attributes

On Fri July 23 2004 3:22 pm, Lila Klektau wrote:
> We have condor-g setup as a resource broker to various grid enabled
> clusters.  I would like to be able to use the output of monitoring
> scripts in order to assist matchmaking.  Assuming that the monitoring
> information is not available to the grid resources when they are
> creating/advertising classads to the collector, is there a way to get
> this information integrated into the resource classads?  I.e. calling
> 'condor_advertise UPDATE_STARTD_AD adfile' but having the information
> add onto the existing classad instead of overwriting it?

Hello,

The Hawkeye mechanism can be used to inject attributes into the machine ad
published by your startd.  This mechanism isn't Hawkeye specific, and is
available on all modern startds.  See http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/hawkeye
and the documentation on the STARTD_CRON_NAME and STARTD_CRON_JOBS macros in
the Condor manual.

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project