[Condor-users] condor_off doesn't kill condor processes

I'm a relative condor newbie, and have this problem:

I've condor running on 2 machines. When I run "condor_off -master -all" (as root), it does not stop the condor processes on the 2nd
(non central manager). Even if I go to that machine specifically and enter "condor_off -master" and it echos that it has successfully done
so, a "ps -ef" shows condor_master and condor_startd still running. I have to actually kill the processes to stop them. This doesn't seem
right, no?

Help?

Peter Brodsky
University of Washington, Applied Physics Laboratory
Seattle, WA  98105
brodsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx