[Condor-users] condor_schedd <defunct> message

Often when my linux central server becomes unresponsive..i use condor_off to shut everything down..then condor_off -master and finally i issue condor_master to restart everything...when i try to issue condor_off i get teh below all the time.
It takes a while to kill the Schedd process..then in need to issue condor_off again to kill the other processes. Hopefully this behaviour can help track down some bug. Let me know where to look for more info if you all think it will help.

Output of ps -a | grep "condor"
3599 ?        00:00:09 condor_schedd <defunct>