Re: [Condor-users] Transfering files in aVanillauniverseonthejobbeing killed.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:19:21 +0100, Alan Christy Arokiam
<alanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can get essentially the same functionality using something like:
> > condor_vacate -graceful -name [hostname]
> > or
> > condor_vacate -graceful -addr "[ip addy]"
>
> My job did not vacate!! It was on the same node and running as if nothing
> happened!
>
> I used
> condor_vacate -graceful -name [the hostname]

common error - look in the startd log on the execute machine and you
will see an error of the form:

10/26 08:57:19 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
<x.x.x.x:y> for command 447 (VACATE_ALL_CLAIMS)

this is because the vacate action requires different permissions. also
it is machine not user based. somewhat annoying but issue the vacate
from a machine on the trusted list (see the config file) and you'll be
fine.

this is somewhat annoying - I have never bothered to check if
condor_vacate_job requires similar permissions or relies on the user
authentication (since I can just ssh to where I need and this provides
a useful barrier against nasty (oh s*** I just wiped the farm)
accidents

Matt