[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AW: [Condor-users] Basic Job submission problems
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 05:37:35 +0300
- From: Abdul Subhan <subhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: AW: [Condor-users] Basic Job submission problems
Thanks for the suggestion of just adding the machine to the pool. Infact that
was what I told Mr faheem as well (I and faheem work together). But one thing,
Where do I make the changes I mean for example
1) Do I add a directory tree in the /home/condor/hosts/ directory for the host
to be added.
2) What do i do for the /var/lock/condor file on the host i wish to add, how do
i do it.
3) Will I need to add the host name in the "roster" file on the central manager?
There are many more. But all I want to know is what wud be the specific steps i
will need to do to add a host to the pool.
Quoting Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >Thanks for your input on changing the configuration files entries. It
> >like a charm. However, there is one more little thing? How does one add
> >machines to the existing pool without having to reinstall the central
> >and listing the machines in the multiple machines option?
> If you used condor_install to list the machines--it has no affect on
> machines can actually be in your pool.
> Just set up new computers and have them point at your central manager
> they should be part of your pool. The only thing you might need to edit
> your security settings, if you have them set up in a restrictive way. If
> you haven't edited them yet, then just check the HOSTALLOW_* settings to
> make sure that they will allow your new machines.
> Condor-users mailing list
COMPUTER ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
P.O BOX # 7851
KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS
KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
PHONE RESI: 00966-3-860-8000-EXT: 9902126