AW: [Condor-users] Using JobPrio to adjust the RANK on machines

>First question: I'm confused. Section 3.6.2 says that the higher the
JobPrio number the worse the priority. But the man page for condor_submit in
section
>9 says of the "priority = [-20:+20]" setting that jobs with higher
numerical priority will run before jobs with lower numerical priority. This
is
>strange, is it not? Is the documentation wrong in one instance or is there
some relationship between the priority setting in the submission ticket at
the
> JobPrio ClassAd that I can't find?

With this one I can help you. Section 3.6.2 talks about the priority off all
users. This means, User A has a better priority with 0.5 than User B with a
priority of 5.0. Because of that, if there is a lack of machines, than the
job of User A will start before the job of User B.
Section 9 talks about the priority You are giving to your own jobs. This
means, if You have two jobs (A and B) and you want to start Job A before Job
B, then you give Job A a priority of 20 and job B a priority of -20.

Thomas Bauer
--
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
Institut fuer Festkoerpertheorie