Re: [Condor-users] Change in behavior 6.6.0 -> 6.7.1?

On Tue September 21 2004 10:03 am, Chris Green wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> > Hmm, it seems that you're correct.  Something (probably in the schedd)
> > has been changed to affect this.  Actually, my testing reveals that, at
> > least for ENV, $$(var) seems completely broken, but it does seem to work,
> > for example, with ARGUMENTS. :-(  We need to look into this ...
>
> Thanks for investigating. Although it's not *critical* per se, this bug is
> cramping our production activities a little. If you happen to be able to
> fix this and there isn't a 6.7.2 due any time soon, we'd be surpassingly
> grateful if you could knock together (eg) a drop-in replacement for schedd
> for condor-6.7.1-linux-x86-glibc22-dynamic.

Chris,

Is there any particular feature in 6.7 that you particularly need?  I just
tested it against 6.6.6, and it works there.  Perhaps that would work out for
you, or, perhaps, a 6.6.6 schedd?  I can pretty much guarantee that it won't
be fixed for 6.7.2.  :-(

I just verified that it's still broken at the head of the 6.7 branch.

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project