Re: [Condor-users] Python in standardd universe

R. Kent Wenger wrote:

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Wolf-Dieter Klotz wrote:

Did anyone ever used programs written in python as 'standard' universe?
Do do so, do I have to compile the python sources for the interpreter
with condor_compile? And will it work?

Yes, if you want to run Python programs in standard universe, you would
have to condor_compile the whole Python interpreter. I don't know whether
that would work or not. I'm not really familiar with the Python source
code, but it wouldn't be surprising if it did something that isn't
compatible with Condor standard universe (see
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/1_4Current_Limitations.html).

I confirmed it works-- at least, I was able to compile Python, and at the very last step, link using condor_compile (I removed the -lpthread which Python included
because it caused link errors due to duplicate symbols)

The executable prints the correct output messages when stardard outside the Condor standard universe, and can at least
do "import sys; print sys.path" when submitted to the Condor standard universe.

Dave