RE: [Condor-users]Can no longer talk to condor_starter

> Hi All,
> I'm also having this problem on a new batch of systems which I
recently
> installed using 6.6.10 on Windows XP SP2.

> The working systems are all P4's, the new systems are Celerons. I'm
> submitting from a P4. Should this make a difference on Architecture?

No.  They're all "INTEL".

> Any help with this would be appreciated.

> 07 (001.000.000) 08/02 23:13:39 Shadow exception!
> 	Can no longer talk to condor_starter on execute machine
> (10.2.18.123)
> 	0  -  Run Bytes Sent By Job
> 	0  -  Run Bytes Received By Job
>
> What's the matter with my pool?
> How can i deal with this problem?

I've set up a page at
http://docs.optena.com/display/CONDOR/Troubleshooting that has started
off with help on troubleshooting shadow exceptions.  It also includes
some advice on changing the logging levels in Condor.  Please let me
know if it's helpful for your problem.

Mike Yoder
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Ask Mike: http://docs.optena.com